Take a look at our knowledgebase where we collected all important information and our answers to the most common questions.
AYou can rent a car on AutoPal at any time of the day, simply with a few clicks and without phone calls. Search available cars by location or date. You can also personalize the results based on price, distance, car type and many other filters!
In order to make a booking, you have to create a profile by providing some personal information, and you will also be requested to type in your debit/credit card details.
Renters have to be over 21, have a valid driving licence and be a registered user to be able to rent on AutoPal.
1. Tell us when and where would you like to rent a car, and select the one that best fits the purpose of your trip.
2. Send a booking request! As part of the booking request, you can introduce yourself and also ask any additional questions you may have. You can send booking requests for mulitple cars simultaneously.
3. The owner has 24 hours to approve your booking request, but it usually happens much sooner in our experience. We notify you about the approval in both email and text.
4. Settle the rental fee in order to finalize the booking. Bear in mind that a car can receive multiple booking requests for the same time period - therefore, it's important to pay the rental fee as soon as possible.
AutoPal provides its services to renters free of charge, so you only have to pay the rental fee of the selected car. Our car owners are free to set their rental fees, AutoPal only makes recommendations relating to the fees.
Register on our website and create your personal profile. You can create a listing for your car from your profile and you can manage your bookings here too.
Think of you car's listing as a personal profile, where your future renters can check out and book your car(s). You only need the registration booklet and a few photos of the car to create a listing. The process takes a few minutes only and we approve the listing as soon as possible, so your car can be rented right away.
If you need any help during the registration process, please contact us and we'd be happy to guide you through the necessary steps at a convenient time.
You can share any car or van that passed inspection, has a valid third party liability insurance policy and is 15 years old or younger. In case you'd like to share an older car, please get in touch. We might allow cars on the platform on a case by case basis.
Your car and its accessories must meet all the applicable transportation rules and be safe and fit for traffic.
You are free to decide whom to rent your car to and when. Renters have to request to book your car, which you can approve or decline according to your own judgment.
Renters have to be registered users, verify their identity and provide their debit/credit card details to be able to rent on AutoPal. They also have to be over 21 and have a valid driving licence. You can view the public profiles and all previous reviews of your renters before approving any booking request.
Renters can rent your car 24 hours a day for the time periods specified by you. You can set you car's calendar from your personal profile under your car's listing.
Your earnings will be the total rental fee minus our service fee, which is either 15% or 30% based on the selected insurance option. We only charge our service fee after succesful bookings by deducting it from the rental fee. We transfer the net rental fee to your bank account within 2 days after the respective rental period.
Beyond the rental fee, you can
- offer delivery for an additional fee set by you
- specify a mileage limit and an additional km based fee for exceeding this limit.
Our service fee is calculated on and deducted from your total earnings.